imo you wont have ran the redding half, only 80% of a half, since your shoes are doing the other 20%
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
My name is David Falconer, and Im a heel striker! One day at a time! BTW did i mention that i wear shoes!
My name is David Falconer, and Im a heel striker!
One day at a time!
BTW did i mention that i wear shoes!
BTW if you are running slow enough with good posture it is perfectly fine to heel strike!!
Yes i know shock Horror
It's to do with forces. The faster you run the more force you strike the ground with.
Therefore if your posture is good plus you are running slowly with a short stride (closer contact point to your centre of gravity) that is an appropriate shape to make for that force.
Im talking real slow though somewhere between 1.46 to 1.50 half marathon pace! lol just my little joke! i know you can take it!!
I bought a pair just over a week ago. I used to wear Asics kayano. My first run was my usual 2.7 miler. I got a PB breaking previous record of 19.19 by 40 seconds, coming in at 18.39. Couple of days later I tried my 4.5 mile route and again got a PB clocking 34.30. 2 minutes faster than my previous fastest time. I honestly think the Boost have increased my speed and endurance. They are light, feel very responsive and give good support. I think Adidas size 11 are a bit tighter than Asics size 11 and I maybe should have gone for a half size up. Overall , very happy with them. Doing the coniston 14 on 23rd MArch which will really test them out !
just ignore this insane post.....
I have some new size 9 for sale unworn, too tight for me so getting 9.5 if i can locate a pair.
Visit the official Runner's World page
Follow Runner's World on Twitter
Other Natmag-Rodale Sites
Run For Charity
About Runner's World
Runner's World is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 9EP. Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved.
Website powered by: Immediate Media Company Ltd. | © Runner's World 2002-2014 |