Aldi gear

Thanks for the heads up!

13 messages
25/04/2007 at 15:43
I went into Aldi at the weekend to see what they had (left) and after a bit of hunting and digging around came out with a vest (red/white/black) and shorts (black) for the total price of £9.48.
Thanks to this forum I now have some running gear for not much :-)
I have a pair of Saucony trainers (never skimp on the important kit) but I used to wear a thermal/wicking t-shirt and baggy nike shorts to run races in. Hopefully now, I'll look more like a proper runner than a casual runner....does this mean I have to run like one now too? ;-)
Many thanks to this forum though - I'd have never gone to Aldi otherwise (although my mum does go to Iceland)
25/04/2007 at 15:44
Lidl tomorrow.
25/04/2007 at 16:06
aaah Lidl - when you're too pikey for Iceland.
I had to wear sunglasses and a false moo-stash when I went into Aldi last weekend, I'm not chancing my arm two weekends on the trot you know!
25/04/2007 at 16:07
lol!!

Nice wine in lidl and aldi too.

Couldnt get to aldi last week so Lidl for me tomorrow.
25/04/2007 at 16:26
the last time I was in Aldi before last weekend was when I was a tax-dodging, soap-fearing stoodent. As I am not on my uppers currently I will continue to shop in M&S and Sainsbury's based on how nice the shopping bags are rather than the quality of food sold within.
Next you'll be telling me that if I run more than once a week and break a sweat I _may_ actually post quicker times in my races.

perish the thought
Duck Girl    pirate
25/04/2007 at 16:46
Aldi have bike kit tomorrow
they sell soap too
says a student
:¬)
cougie    pirate
25/04/2007 at 16:57
Shopping bags ? Sooo last year dahling.

We all have our designer cotton bags now. Flown over from the Far East.
25/04/2007 at 19:38
biscuits are great in Lidl, as are the paprika crisps....my diet is not coming across that great is it.....

mmmmmm.......note to self......must try harder

whats on offer in lidl tomorrow anyway?
25/04/2007 at 19:58
Lol - i'm in Germany at the moment and its all you see - these fab designer cotton bags...that cost all of 30p. But i admit that Aldi gear is pretty good and the best thing is that over here Aldi and Lidl are considered to be quite good quality and value...so no wearing of fake moustaches (well not for shopping at least!)
Nam
25/04/2007 at 23:24
Got lovely pale blue technical running jacket, wicking vest top and 3/4 length tights for the bargain price of 18 quid!! Jacket is gorgeous. If it were Asics would have been at least £40 for the jacket alone. Love Aldi!
26/04/2007 at 08:52
Emmy bug:

I see you too have a fetish for German men and so have to pack your fake moo-stash in order to blend in at the local Bierkeller?

Please don't tell me about any more "bargains" as I was close to buying a soft shell jacket for £18 while I was there but I stopped myself because it didn't have "Berghaus" written on it. Close call I think you'll agree.
26/04/2007 at 13:31
oh what is happening to me? I went to a Trespass store today in town and they had 50% off everything so I bought a zipped hoody top and a short zipped soft fleece jumper; both were only £10.
What is happening to me? Do I appear to be eschewing brand names in favour of functionality and cost?
All this from one innocuous trip to Aldi...[shakes fist] I blame the RW forum for this descent into madness![/shakes fist] ;-)
27/04/2007 at 12:50
Isn't Trespass a brand name, then, Matchstick Man?

;o)

If you want cheap stuff with Berghaus labels, your best bet is to go and have a rummage at TKMaxx.

My best-ever bargain was a Shock Absorber bra that cost £3.20 at Ethel Austin :o)

The Aldi cycling tops are made of tissue paper, but at £4.99 it almost doesn't matter if they're disposable. And I LOVE the colours!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.