My list

Socks
Inner Layer
jacket
gloves
hat
and reflectiive stuff

15/10/2007 at 16:19

the flishy flashy lights (that's the technical term, commonly called reflective strips) are fabulous - anyone who tries to squish you with their car can't use the excuse that they didn't see you

15/10/2007 at 19:53
MM, have you bought any of this gear before? I am going to have a look at it but was a bit sceptical that it might be rubbish.
Tav
16/10/2007 at 08:40
The garments are supposed to be wicking and fast-drying. Probably nylon then! I was going to get some, but my Aldi (Reading) is tiny, the clothes are in 2 racks, each about 2 feet long. Doh.
16/10/2007 at 09:05

Hi

Yes I have bought quite a bit over the years.

My local store - Swindon is quite large and has a decent supply.

You even find ebayers reselling it as fantastic value for money.

16/10/2007 at 11:37

I have my girlfriend on 'standby' to go grab me some of this on Thursday.... of course, not expecting top-of-the-heap quality but should be good enough to keep me through the colder days coming up...ive been using sky-running socks lately & found them rubbish. My £1 a pair Asda ergonomics were more comfy & didn't leave me with 'black nail' on my middle toe.

16/10/2007 at 11:38
Aldi and Lidl stuff is fine.....its as good as the brand stuff IMO - some of the designs can be a little quirky though.
17/10/2007 at 10:44

Used loads of this stuff for running / skiing / mountain biking. It is not as good as the top line stuff from other folks but is not the same price, it certainly compares well with all the mid range/priced  stuff and is sometimes better.

The sizing can be a bit odd so size it up to yourself rather than just thinking you take a medium so aldis medium will be the same.

Colours can appear to have been designed by a man down a coal mine with the lights out. Fit (once you work out the right size) is good, you will always be able to spot the other aldi shoppers at a race. But its a bit ireelevant by the time you have biked or ran through all the mud in the local woods

If anything its too durable and lasts for ages,

It always does the job its designed for - I used the skiing stuff in - 30 in Norway and was not cold even on the lifts.

Have used the lidl stuff & its much the same standard 

17/10/2007 at 21:58

I dont have an Aldi near me of any size (it just stocks food etc)

It appears that these items aren't available online either ?

17/10/2007 at 22:43

Just had a look at the Aldi website................ sod the running gear,  i'm gonna buy some of them fireworks to annoy the neighbours  

18/10/2007 at 10:48
Just been to the one near work. I was able to get what I wanted, couple of long sleeve tops, few socks and one of those base layer sets. Tops seem really good, although for the medium size, for which I got two, that probably only left a couple more in that size
I was hoping though that they would have a long sleeve version of the base layers but I don't think they do them.
18/10/2007 at 10:52

I am now the proud owner of some 'flishy flashy lights' two sets - one for me one for the dog (he sulks if he gets left out).  Also brought a couple of long sleeve tops and some of the running tights. 

I was the only person in Aldi at Swanley.

18/10/2007 at 13:27

The local Aldi was unusually quiet today.  Normally there are a handful of hardy runners there at 9:00 making a beeway for the running gear.  Today there was me and one older guy - who only seemed to be interested in buying a pair of socks.  Managed to get some new leggings and a couple of long sleeved tops, as well as some socks to replace the pair from last year that has a hole in the toe.

Plenty  of the smaller items left, although as usual not a large quantity of the more expensive items of clothing (but still cheaper than the big names)

18/10/2007 at 13:32
Just been to the local Aldi. Got a cracking long sleeve top, jacket, gloves and a couple of pairs of socks. All appear to be quality goods.
Farnie    pirate
18/10/2007 at 14:04

oh dear I only went to get some gloves ~ came out with new long top, cloves, hat thing and an  underneath layer set thing.

18/10/2007 at 14:06
I bought an under layer set last year.  Never found it was cold enough to wear it running as an underlayer.  I have worn the top a few times as a Tee shirt on its own.  I think it would have to get seriously cold for me to wear it under my normal gear for running.
18/10/2007 at 14:06
Will see what they've got left tomoz.
Farnie    pirate
18/10/2007 at 14:07

actually I really really don't need the hat.

Does anyone want a S/M ladies winter running hat with reflective bits?

1 to 20 of 59 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.