All I want is some Asics!

Why won't anyone sell me any?

7 messages
25/09/2002 at 00:07
What's going on in the UK at the moment? I live in Iceland; we can get a reasonable selection of running kit here but not a wide choice ... so I emailed a couple of the stores who advertise in Runner's World to see if they would sell me a pair of Asics 1070s - women's fit, asking how much they would charge to ship a pair of them to Iceland.

And what has the response been?

Nothing!

Is there such a boom in the UK at the moment that sports shoe retailers don't need an extra sale (especially when it means filling out a customs forms)? Is it just poor customer service?

Or, does anyone know of a running kit retailer which is happy to ship outside the EC?

Sorry - late night rant - but I'm desparate (and unable to spell!)
My Asics are worn through and my knees are hurting - I can't carry on!
25/09/2002 at 03:19
try www.roadrunnersports.com

best running supplier in the damn world! and I don't work for them like most of the propaganda throwing bastards that clog these forums plugging their crap like Del Boy!
25/09/2002 at 10:25
Thanks!

Their US site has some of the shoes I want for $69 - about £46. So lets see if they answer my email....

I have to pay import duty of around 25% on anything that I have shipped into the country, so cheap is good!

I can only get men's Asics 1070's here - they cost about £100!
25/09/2002 at 12:12
LizzyB - good luck with getting your shoes. If you still get no response, I would be willing to order them to my UK address and post them on to you, if that would help. Drop me an e-mail if you want to give that a try.

BenD - do you want to name names? I'm on the forum most days, and don't feel there is much in the way of "propaganda" or "plugs". I can only remember one person saying they worked for a manufacturer and he was quite open about it.
25/09/2002 at 13:00
Thanks Nessie; that's so good of you. I'm actually quite touched! I'll see what response I get from the Americans first ....
OB
25/09/2002 at 20:43
is this the same Ben D who was happy to use the forum to sell his Timex SDM?
26/09/2002 at 08:17
Could also try www.ontherun.co.uk - I have used them fairly religiously for shoes (mine and Mrs S) - their information section says they'll ship abroad so you may be in luck.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.