Alternative to Asics Nimbus 11

7 messages
27/01/2011 at 10:40
I'm looking to an alternative to Asics Nimbus 11,

I run the London Marathon in these last year and they were fantastic during training but on the day I lost two toenails and had hideous blisters

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/mna604/Blister.jpg

Many Thanks

Mark

27/01/2011 at 11:18
I've lost toenails in my Nimbus in events but bizarrely - and like you - never in training. I suspect it's not the shoes but the fact that you're going harder in events so put more pressure onto the feet/nails etc. because of that I've not seen a need to switch but of you want alternatives try Asics Cumulus, Brooks Defyance or Mizuno Wave Rider
27/01/2011 at 11:43
Asics Nimbus 12?
27/01/2011 at 11:55
New Balance 1064, they have normal, wide and extra wide options if you have broad feet.
27/01/2011 at 13:35

I think that if you had no problems in training, then the type of shoe is not really the cause.

It's just the extra distance, more miles of pounding your toes, your feet getting damper as you run (and sweat) for longer - especially if you went through the showers?

I lost a toenail after one marathon, but not the others, but all were done in the same kind of shoe (not the same pair, though!).

29/01/2011 at 19:05

I had the same problem, have moved to Mazuno wave rider 14 and gone up a half size. No problems since.

30/01/2011 at 17:51

I went for the Nike Lunar Glides 2+ and so far they feel great I have done one 4 mile & one 10 mile and the feel very good.......

I get a 30day trial with them

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.