Another apology, another Timex Bodylink query

5 messages
13/05/2004 at 13:40
Simple question...do I get one or not?

My old Polar M51 has served me well but I feel it is time to move on - and I want a new toy!

It is either the Bodylink or an iPod
14/05/2004 at 08:48
Bodylink
Yes, if you are training for a long event. No, if you live in a tall city.

IPOD
Yes, if you commute on london transport everyday
No, if you want a radio or to run with it.
02/07/2004 at 14:36
why can't you run with it?
02/07/2004 at 17:40
Baldylocks,

Experience seems to be mixed. iPod is a disk based design which is more sensitive to vibration and shock that completely memory-based (solid state) players. Current (3rd generation) iPods load about 25mins worth of music into a memory buffer - when this has been played it has to spin the hard disk and load more music data to memory. At that point it is more susceptible to locking up if it is shaken.

Some folks have had success carrying their iPod in a belt - I've been running with mine hand held and have never encountered a problem on runs up to a couple of hours. See the iPod discussion groups on Apple's web site for more views on running with iPod and iPod Minis.

Batfink - why not email Steve Jobs and see if a GPS/HRM capable iPod is on the drawing board?? :=)
06/07/2004 at 18:16
Get the Bodylink and a solid state 256Mb mp3 for less than an iPod

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.