Another GPS Thread

Soz.

3 messages
11/08/2014 at 14:07

FINALLY getting around to upgrading my Garmin. I need a multi-sport watch that will do swim metrics for pool and open water - I like the TomTom MS Cardio, because it has an integrated optical HRM which by all accounts seems to be reliable, thought the Garmin 910xt seems to be the favourite all-round device.

Seems to me that the other manufacturers must be developing rival devices with optical HRM's to keep up with the TomTom. I wondered if anyone had an opinion, or know of any new devices coming out over the next 6 months that might rival the TomTom on features?

11/08/2014 at 17:54

i'm not a fan of the tom tom displays, in terms of data fields and swim metrics, the 910 is miles ahead of it, if you're a numbers geek, depends on how much info you want, i'm pretty sure the 910 is due for replacement some time soon, but how far in the future i dont know.

12/08/2014 at 00:11
Garmin Fenix 2. Does all the tri stuff and has the new HRM chest strap with the extra running metrics build in.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.