any ideas re wrist band to hold garminfr10 watch as strap broken/fallen off

wrist band with clear pouch to put watch in and be able to see it

8 messages
15/07/2014 at 21:49

I have a Garmin FR 10 and the strap recently fell off.  This looks to be a design error as it seems to be glued on, there is a pin through it but as the rubber strap is soft this does not hold.

I was hoping to find something like the armband you carry an iphone in but a bit smaller and which goes on the wrist, with a clear pouch and I would then put the watch inside this removing the need for a strap!

Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?

Thanks

Phil

16/07/2014 at 09:49

Just take it to a watch repairer and get a new strap put on it. Might not be exact strap but they will have something to sort it.

16/07/2014 at 18:18

you can buy a new strap on Amazon if you wanted to replace yours

Edited: 16/07/2014 at 18:19
17/07/2014 at 10:38

it's a very elaborate plan to do something most people would do without thinking

17/07/2014 at 12:38

Or contact garmin customer services, and say excuse me the strap fell off, can you replace it please!

17/07/2014 at 22:43

Exactly the same thing happened to my Garmin. The pin held but the rubber split. I ordered a new strap from ebay, came next day, jobs a goodun! Really poor quality from Garmin though.

PSC    pirate
17/07/2014 at 23:11
Send it back to garmin I've had 2 straps replace for free. Some might question the technology, but brilliant customer service.
18/07/2014 at 11:43

Thanks, I have seen the replacement strap on Amazon but my concern is that the rubber strap is very soft so not sure if the replacement would be secure? It looks like the original strap was also glued to the watch as well as having the pin to hold it.  

Could be wrong though?

Will also try Garmin customer services 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.