Any running shops near Bristol/Bath?

9 messages
06/08/2002 at 14:02
Hi

I keep reading about how important it is to get good running shoes.

As a new-comer to the sport I don't have a clue where I would find a shop that would be able to give me good advice: does anoyone know of a good shop in the Bristol or Bath area?

Much appreciated!

Sabine
07/08/2002 at 10:25
In Bristol you have Easy Runner - 0117 929 7787 - and they have a very good reputation.
07/08/2002 at 11:28
Easy Runner is great... St. Micheal's Hill I think, but I could be wrong
08/08/2002 at 09:09
We've just set up a Sweatshop in Bristol - Westbury-on-Trym where the new Next Generation Club is, and they are having a discount weekend on the 17th and 18th.

(By the way, I do work for Sweatshop! Hopefully people don't mind me posting this message?)

anna
08/08/2002 at 09:40
Greatly offended! No really!

Which one do you work in btw, do you know Tim in Harrods? Nice chap!
08/08/2002 at 10:43
Hi Anna,

no, it makes sense to reply to a specific question as you did. As you can imagine, though, we wouldn't want more general commercial messages on the forums.

Great to see your shoe advice too, on another thread!

Sean
08/08/2002 at 14:07
Hi guys,

I work in Head Office and in the Woking shop. One thing that is really good is that the Woking shop seems to be getting good feedback on here, which obviously makes us feel good!

And Jon, I do know Tim, I speak to him quite a bit. How do you know him? (He'll get bigheaded now if he reads this-fame at last!)

anna
08/08/2002 at 14:12
Urm.... You'd better ask him about me! (Jon) I went to college with his girlfriend and I've been there several times since it opened a couple of years ago
12/08/2002 at 13:25
Sabine,
I live near Bath and there is nowhere in Bath to get running kit apart from Sportshoe which is shoes only. I've been to Easy Runner in Bristol and found it a bit intimidating on a busy Saturday morning. I'm hoping for great things from the new Sweatshop and will be down there this weekend. (The ones I've visited in Woking and Reading were v. good...).

Mungus

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.