Asics gel sky speed vs mizuno wave precision 11

9 messages
16/03/2011 at 20:30

I am looking for a light-weight trainer. I have got on well with the wave rider 13 previously, however found that my right heel would slide out at the back. I have got some adizero bostons, but they are giving my symptoms of plantar fasciitis.

Can anyone recommend the sky speed or precision 11? 

16/03/2011 at 23:48
I wear the wave precision and it's an excellent shoe. Haven't tried the asics one though
17/03/2011 at 13:58
faithfulred wrote (see)
I wear the wave precision and it's an excellent shoe. Haven't tried the asics one though
How does the precision grip the heel?
17/03/2011 at 17:43

I just recently got a pair of the sky speed and am very happy with them, very light and comfortable

17/03/2011 at 19:58
runnoc wrote (see)

I just recently got a pair of the sky speed and am very happy with them, very light and comfortable

Again, may I ask how the fit around the heel is?
19/03/2011 at 10:20
Josh: the Precision grips the heel just fine. I did notice, and I've read it somewhere on here before as well, they feel a bit high around the outside of the ankle and this did cause a little discomfort early on in runs. I've not noticed it on the last few runs in these shoes, so I think they just needed a bit of use to break them in. Nice enough shoe; quite stiff compared to the WR 13 though.
20/03/2011 at 15:01
Mr Boat wrote (see)
Josh: the Precision grips the heel just fine. I did notice, and I've read it somewhere on here before as well, they feel a bit high around the outside of the ankle and this did cause a little discomfort early on in runs. I've not noticed it on the last few runs in these shoes, so I think they just needed a bit of use to break them in. Nice enough shoe; quite stiff compared to the WR 13 though.
How does the toe box compare to the WR13? I find the WR13 has a toe box too big for my liking - I want to feel snug and compact.
21/03/2011 at 12:30
runnoc wrote (see)

How big is the toe box?
21/03/2011 at 22:47
Josh: I would say it was more compact/snug.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.