ASICS KAYANO

The right shoe

21 to 38 of 38 messages
Guy
17/09/2002 at 22:59
Oldbones,

I'm interested in what you say about the new Kayano's. I have been through about 8 pairs of the various models over the past couple of years, and been completely injury free. However, a few weeks ago I bought the latest version. They didn't feel any different, and like you I thought the only change was the colour. But over the past couple of weeks I have started to get slight pains in the arch of both feet (but particularly the right one) after running.

I was thinking that it couldn't be the new Kayano's, because they are exactly the same as the old. But since they are the only thing I have changed about my running, maybe they are the cause. Like you, perhaps I need (reluctantly) to think about changing to a different shoe.
17/09/2002 at 23:45
oh...

and I hoped I'd got myself the ideal trainer!!

Needless to say I'll carry on with them and report back in a few months with my experiences.

Steveo,

I'm not taking part in the 10K or any races for the foreseeable future. I'm a new kid on the block and have decided to set down some foundations before considering races.

H
18/09/2002 at 09:00
As I say, we have different needs/feet so you could actually end up loving them in the same way I do! I have never had a problem with fit. I used the 2060's last year, but found that the 2070 was nowhere near as good so tried the Kayano. They work for me anyway!
OB
18/09/2002 at 09:08
Keith - ordered a pair of V11 online with ontherun last night. Will find out today if they have my size in stock - cheers.

Guy - I've not picked up any injuries with the V111's its just that they don't feel right for me. I remember on the old forum when the V111's first came out someone else felt they weren't the same as well.
18/09/2002 at 09:27
My Kayano VIII's arrived this morning. I was horrified to see that they were not the purist white (with black stripes) that I saw in the advert. They had a dark blue body with white stripes with yellow bits. Also they were like tug boats - hoooge! There was far too much space in there for my size nines.

Thst'll teach me to buy mail order! What is the policy of returns with mail order stuff - are they usually pretty good?

18/09/2002 at 09:55
Steveo,

They're the latest colour scheme, although I went for the white. I was told by the lady in the shop that the Kayano's weren't previously available in the two width fittings, although this has changed for the VIII. Was there a choice when you bought, as you may have received the wide and would be okay with the standard.

H
18/09/2002 at 10:06
Mornin' HFTB

I wasn't offered a choice on the phone of colour or width. Do you mean your whites are also Kayano VIII's but in white?

Stevo
18/09/2002 at 10:06
Did you get them from ontherun.co.uk? If they are selling the old colour on sale and don't have your size they seem to send you the lastest (Which is why I have tiger stripes on my DS Trainers!)
18/09/2002 at 10:11
I did order them from On the run but ordered what the RW ad said was the new style in white??!
18/09/2002 at 10:15
No... New style blue
I prefer the old colours personally!
18/09/2002 at 10:21
Steveo,

Yes my VIII'S are in white, black stripes over white background(the VII'S are inverse). I tried these in a wide fitting and the blues in a standard. I can't say there was a huge difference, both felt good although the whites had the edge, as I have a habit of lifting my big toe up on impact.
Fyi mine are made in China, model no. TN201 (2E)

Hope this helps.

H

P.S. Anyone else have the big toe habit?
Can it be overcome?

18/09/2002 at 10:53
Cheers HFTB

I have the big toe habit too so I couldn't wear the shoes they have sent to me as they are a little loose fitting for my liking!
OB
18/09/2002 at 12:21
drawn a blank on the V11's from ontherun. Do not have my size. Re: colours of V111, mine were mostly white but they've introduced a new colourway half way through the year which I gather is more like the blue/white of the V11's.

If anyone knows where I can get V11's in size 8 1/2 or 9 I would appreciate it.
18/09/2002 at 12:38
Have you tried Start Fitness? they're selling them I think
18/09/2002 at 12:39
Hi Oldbones,

October edition of RW, page 100. Start Fitness are advertising VII's at 59.99 (Mail order 0191 222 0984). They mention that they're ladies, does this mean that they're a narrower fit? If you can get them in your size and the fit is okay who's to say!!

H
18/09/2002 at 12:41
Steveo,

So you have the big toe problem too. Does it bother you and do you find that your shoes have a dent and eventually split where your big toe is?

H
18/09/2002 at 12:59
It hasn't really been a problem, its just something I have noticed. No damage to my adidas testes!
OB
18/09/2002 at 14:53
Start Fitness only have the ladies version of V11's. Now that's an interesting one - if they did my size, would it be the same shoe?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.