Baby Jogger (or similar)

6 messages
20/05/2004 at 16:52
I know there have been various threads on here on this subject. I'm expecting my first child late August, I'm a club runner who can't wait to get back out again running properly. Looking into what to by for wheels. The BJII seems to be what everyone talks about, just wondered if anyone had any alternative recommendations. I saw an 'out n about 10km'and wondered about that. Also, I live in Hampshire and want to look at one B4 buying but seem to have a real problem find somewhere nearby that stocks them. All help/gratefully received!
20/05/2004 at 17:17
I live in north Hampshire (near Basingstoke) and have a babyjogger for sale. I would be happy to make contact with you if you are interested
24/05/2004 at 17:37
Hi Carole. Thanks for the contact, we're just in the process of looking around at the moment but will definitely keep you in mind, so you may hear from me sometime soon!
26/05/2004 at 22:51
Hi Cragchick,
I would recommend babyjogger everytime because they last! Get one with large wheels (20") - you can often find them on ebay. If not babyjogger themselves often have factory seconds which are just as good (usually a minor defect like wonky stitching)I have two baby joggers - one for serious running and one for everyday use (the conventional fourwheel job went ages ago) Our first baby jogger was brought secondhand, and has done hundreds of miles with us already. We tried other brands but they do not come even close in comparison.Need I say more? (please email me if you need anymore info)
04/06/2004 at 13:49
Going to buy a baby jogger soon, seems that they are the best available, quick question, does anyone use a computer with them, as in the ones used on bikes for measuring miles etc. If I remember correctly you can set wheel size in the computers, it's just this would be ideal for measuring my off road routes!
04/06/2004 at 19:16
Hi Moor man, The good news is that you can use a cycle computer on a baby jogger but most computers have a minimum wheel diameter that you can input and in most cases the diameter of a baby jogger's wheel is too small. The computer I use is a cateye ASTRAL which will measure very small diameters upwards (although my joggers wheels are 20" diameter). The only problem with installing the computer is that you have to be very careful that you don't snap the cable when folding the jogger (I speak from experience!). I got an electrician friend to wire in a small spade connector and we have a reminder on the handlebars! You can also use a heart rate monitor bike mount without a problem!
Hope this helps, give us a shout if you need more info!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.