Backpak for my commute

5 messages
04/07/2014 at 09:39

Hi there,

I was a keen runner but since moving last year my daily commute has become much longer and I have found myself slipping into bad habits and skipping sessions.

I have looked at my journey to work & I could easily run to work to avoid skipping sessions. However to do this I will need to invest in a good backpack. I have only run a few times with a backpack and found it quite annoying as the bag seemed to be flying all over the place. So I need something as lightweight as possible and something that is fitted. Anyone have any suggestions?

cougie    pirate
04/07/2014 at 15:04
I use an OMM Classic 25 - but you might need to look for a womans pack ? This might be a bit loose round your shoulders ? Its probably best going into a store and trying some for size.

If you go much bigger than a 25L though - I'd think you're carrying too much kit.
04/07/2014 at 16:08

I used to hate running with a backpack, but was recommended the OMM Ultra 15 Marathon Pack.

Really lightweight (unlike myself), and doesn't bounce around like a lot of others do. Makes the commute much more bearable.

04/07/2014 at 16:14

Awesome! Thanks guys. Looks like I'm off shopping!

05/07/2014 at 11:41

Make sure it has a chest and waist strap and will you want to get a pair of shoes in it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.