Barefoot/Minimalist experiences

21 to 27 of 27 messages
01/12/2012 at 20:35
The Inov8 Evoskins arrived today. And will be going back. Even for free I wouldn't want them. They are bloody horrendous.
01/12/2012 at 21:11

I say minimalistic works for me. I used to have 7 injuries in 15 months one of them taking me 5 months out. I have been running injury free since January since kearning the proper technique. I learned it with a coach with whom I still have fortnightly sessions. My technique now is pretty good but it took me ages to learn it, I started off with 30 secs runs on the tready in the gym doing interval training for 2 months, outside was then doing walk run for another 4 months. I would be very wary to go out for 3 miles on your first run, I could not manage a minute at first and here 3 miles? Are you sure you were running correctly? I now run in Vivo breathos as I run trail only but even now I would not sign up for a marathon yet. Slowly slowly approach works best and some guidance, I would not manage transission on my own.

02/12/2012 at 11:59

Yes, go for the VB Neos. I use Neo and Neo Trail for all my running now - up to distances of 50 miles (in one go), so far. I really like them. Good and wide in the forefoot. You can wear them with the insoles for extra protection or without if you want more ground feel.

I was realising recently that since I switched to minimalist (and changed my running form to midfoot landing, high cadence etc.) I never get running-associated knee pain any more.

03/12/2012 at 16:01

Vivobarefoots for me too, I personally love the EVO II, Have run half Marathons in them and beyond, longest so far 18 Miles, but will aim to do next years marathon in them they work for me.

03/12/2012 at 16:56

I started this thread 3 months ago when i first got my vivo's and am still loving the whole minimalist thing.  Now doing all my shorter runs in the vivo's or off road in the nb 110's on the trails.  so far injury free but have only done upto 8 miles in them.  Still using the bigger trail shoes for my long runs but I feel that my running style has changed even in them.  So far so good and am becoming slightly evangelical about the whole thing even though I try to stop myself.

03/12/2012 at 17:18

Thanks for the info on VBs everyone. Now just need to find an adequate excuse for Mrs Wilko as to why i need another pair of trainers.

03/12/2012 at 17:22

have a look on start fitness for the vivo's, always pretty cheap.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.