Best gear investment

What has been the best bit of kit you have bought

41 to 42 of 42 messages
21/09/2011 at 17:42
Buff; extra high UV protection. Keeps the sun off my (almost bald) head in summer, keeps it just warm enough in winter.
25/09/2011 at 04:02

HRM: For keeping me focused and giving me reason to continue exercising in the early days.

Sweat Wicking sportswear: because the rubbing of damp cotton and the random places sweat patches like to show is no longer an issue if I wear the stuff!

Barefoot style footwear: nothing before then had dealt with the recurrant stress fractures I had been getting (diagnosed SF rather then any hyperchondriasm! Pain begain 3 years prior and never really went away, got to points where I was limping just to walk on waking, waiting for it to pass, started barefoot running and it never returned despite the same steps, minus the barefoot style, had been repeated several times before!)

Sports bra: Not going to bother explaining that one!

Wirefree MP3 player: just a must for anyone who has poor arm coordination!

Things I want to try still are compression sportswear (fed up with DOMs every time I attempt any sort of resistance work), Vibrams! (still preparing myself), having regular sports massages (like every week or so, have the occasional student sports massage but its not at all as frequent).

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 42 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.