Best Mens Running Tights?

21 to 40 of 40 messages
24/11/2013 at 22:11
I use skins a200 (I think) and really like them. Decent for weather and I find decent compression but not used any others.
24/11/2013 at 22:45
Rafe Clutton wrote (see)

Jesus, i'd heard good things about running tights and the benefits they can have on your training so wanted to try them out. I'm perfectly comfortable running in tights, and your opinions say an awful lot about all of you. This is my first time posting on here as this is my first marathon. I was looking for advice from what I was led to belive was a friendly and welcoming community, clearly I was mistaken.

Firstly, don’t pay any attention to them.  They were raised by wolves, and don’t know any better.   

Edited: 24/11/2013 at 22:46
03/12/2013 at 12:44

I wear lycra Nike Dry-fit tights in the winter. Cold legs can mean tight tendons for me these days. As a cyclist I have a high threshold of embarrassment when it comes to apparel, although I do self-consciously put shorts on over my running tights.

I'd recommend the Dry-fit ones as a cheap option for skinny legs. I'm 5"9 and the Medium ones are good for me. 

I wish I could afford to try the compression tights, but it's too much of an outlay for the sake of experiment 

05/12/2013 at 16:03

I wear tights or thermals in the winter and just cover them up with some running bottoms.

I run to work but first I have to stand at the tube station in the freezing cold before I get into the city so I wears layers.

I normally nick the mrs stretchy ones and if its really cold I get out the old thermals like this morning.

Look on Amazon for running bottoms, I usually go for the Ronhill ones.

06/12/2013 at 11:57
EssexLion wrote (see)

I normally nick the mrs stretchy ones and if its really cold I get out the old thermals like this morning.

Look on Amazon for running bottoms, I usually go for the Ronhill ones.

So you nick your wife's tights, I'll bet you'd be going after Ron Hill's bottom given the chance, you sound like a right old bandit

06/12/2013 at 14:07

Yeah I'm a proper raver, don't you know

06/12/2013 at 14:18
Fishnets if I'm feeling fruity but otherwise it is just a pair of jeggings for me.
10/12/2013 at 07:14

I've just bought some OMM tights from Wiggle and my word they're tight. They look like something out of Miley Cyrus's onstage wardrobe. They're tighter and more revealing than my tri shorts and reckon that I'd better wear shorts over them to save embarrassment for local womankind.

10/12/2013 at 12:15

I run in Skins thigh compression stuff I think they are A200 - I love them. I used to wear boxers under shorts but asked here many moons ago what others wore.

So with shorts I wear the Skins and no pants.

In the winter I wear a pair of Adidas full length tights - not compression and shorts. I'm not one for showing off the danglies in tights. LOL.

I like running in tights, but am getting more used to the shorts and thigh tights now (and starting to prefer them).

GJE

10/12/2013 at 13:39

Ran for the first six months in just shorts but moved to using a pair of Skins A200s during running and for a couple of hours afterwards. Don't know if the effect is psychological or physiological but do seem to aid recovery.

NB - Wear no pants under them. Much more comfortable.

NNB - Still wear shorts over the tights . Not a pretty sight for innocent bystanders otherwise.

10/12/2013 at 16:43
Oh that kind of tights.. Ronhill tracksters. Not technically tights but close enough to it without making it look like you are trying to be a superhero. I got mine from Achilles heel for 13.50 inc postage. I have some karrimor tights too but they of look like I'm either trying to be a superhero or a ballerina! Not a cool look-so shorts are worn over the top.
10/12/2013 at 22:14

It is worth spending a bit more and getting some tights that offer compression. 

I have used Skins, UnderArmour, Nkie Fit, and they all work. 

10/12/2013 at 22:41
Do they? The science is sketchy at best. Apparently compression gear works best when worn after exercise instead of during, but that was one study I found. Another said that when worn during exercise that recovery was quicker, and another says no benefit whatsoever... At least they'll keep you warm, but I doubt compression gear is worth the outlay when it loamy only be doing what tights do for less money.
10/12/2013 at 22:55

The best thing is to try it and see Flob. 

If you have problems with calf niggles, then buy a pair of compression socks. 

If you notice the difference, then consider investing in a pair of tights. 

10/12/2013 at 23:04

Get a pair of small tights from m&s try them after a run if they work buy posh compression stuff. Cheap solution

12/12/2013 at 20:50

Oh and no, real men do not wear shorts over their tights. 

Ever!

Edited: 12/12/2013 at 21:07
12/12/2013 at 22:19
They go if they don't want to be arrested or rapes by overexcited women!
12/12/2013 at 22:29

Don’t worry Flob, they can’t catch you anyway!

14/02/2014 at 15:12

I just picked up a pair of Ronhill 'Advance Contour Tights' which I picked up on sale.

They feel very comfortable although I've yet to try running with them. I mainly got them for the very cold days / days where it is raining, as I usually wear shorts.

The only downside is the zip pocket on the rear is rather small. I can fit my iPhone in just but it might be hard to get it in whilst they are on & I have my keys to think about too!

I've yet to decide whether or not I will wear shorts over the top - it really depends on whether I need the extra pockets & if the water is wicked away well or not.

Either way I couldn't care less what people think of me, it's purely functional... although I don't think they look bad by themselves

When I was at Uni a couple of years ago, it was quite "fashionable" amongst the Rugby players to wear full length tights & shorts in the cooler months.

Edited: 14/02/2014 at 15:39
21/02/2014 at 14:01
Bought 2 pairs of 'Lotto' tights a couple of years ago & found them good to wear then was bought a pair of Asics Hermes for a recent birthday, you can certainly tell the difference in quality.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 40 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.