Best replacement for garmin 305

21 to 24 of 24 messages
03/12/2012 at 20:43

I'm also tempted to get a 410 (or put it on my Christmas list!) based on the reviews and recommendations. 210 looks good too, but seems more expensive despite being an earlier model. But can anyone who has one give an opinion on whether it would fit tightly enough on a woman with a tiny wrist?

03/12/2012 at 20:47

I have a tiny wrist also and wore a forerunner 305 on a sweatband, it worked a treat.

03/12/2012 at 23:44
Glad the info helped acdc girl. Can't go wrong with a 410 (or a 405cx depending on price diff & offers for Xmas, other slight difference, 410 comes with the newer hr comfort strap).

Literatin, 210 is a current model, not an old one. Quite a few women at club with a 110 or 210, both are same size... But short some features you might want later on.
It does the basics & main things very well though.

The 4xx models look fine on female wrists too - but you do get a fabric replacement strap with the 405cx (and 410 I think) in the box. Makes it less bulky on some wrists.

The wireless syncing (so no scramble to find a cable) is a big plus to me. Watch doesn't even have to be in the same room, and still syncs sometimes,
04/12/2012 at 09:14
acdcgirl wrote (see)

JJC, the penny pincher in me is saying the same, it's probably more to do with usb cable but the other half wants a new watch  The watch itself works really well. I shall do what you suggest and see whether it will make any difference. Do you think that ordinary watch repair place would be able to fix the strap on this watch, I thought you had to buy it from garmin .

You can easily fit a new strap yourself, they dispatch the tool with the new strap.

Staps available on Amazon.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.