Big capacity bottle belt

Looking for an alternative to a camelbak

6 messages
22/03/2012 at 18:11

I'm into my long training runs for a marathon in May and tend to find that for runs of 12 miles or more I tend to drink a whole running bottle (500ml) of energy drink/water. I've tried a camelbak with a 1 litre capacity but I found I got extremely sweaty/soaking back as a result. I'm after a double bottle belt or a camel bak worn on the waist (if such a thing exists) that will take a litre of fluid or more.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

cougie    pirate
22/03/2012 at 19:59
Camelbak Flashflo ?
22/03/2012 at 20:02
Cheers Cougie - will investigate.
23/03/2012 at 19:22
I have salomon double bottle carrier, it's a great alternative to a camelbak and comfy to wear, carries 1 litre
28/03/2012 at 22:12
Camelbak delaney is an option. One of the models has two water bottles.

I wore a Camelbak Delaney Plus the other day on a 20 miler - it has one water bottle, one gel bottle, and plenty of storage space. I found it necessary to adjust the waist strap occassionally as the bottle begins to bounce. It wasn't too annoying - but not the perfect solution.
29/03/2012 at 09:31
Bill - I've had a Flashflo for years and it's superb for long runs. holds up to 1.4l of fluid and once you get used to it being there is very comfy. they key is to suck any excess air out which stops annoying sloshing noises and as it empties, pull the belt a little tighter to stop it moving.

C'bak sell a range of waistbelt bladder systems but the FF is the biggest capacity

Inov8 sell something similar but I don't know it's capacity

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.