Black or White shoes?

What are the disadvantages?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
30/03/2012 at 22:20
Bright pink are the fastest
03/04/2012 at 09:05

Serious answer here:

I just bought two new pairs of my usual Asics Cumulus, one in white/red and one in black. I usually buy them in white/whatever, never had a black pair before. The white/whatever pairs have layers of colour on the sole which help me to gauge the amount of wear to my shoes - when I've worn through the coloured bit to the darker bit underneath, it's time to replace them. But teh balck pair have solid black soles, which is going to make judging the wear and tear a bit more difficult.

Apart from that, I haven't noticed any difference between the two pairs on especially hot or cold days. I do like the way that the black ones don't show up the dirt though!

Edited: 03/04/2012 at 09:06
05/04/2012 at 14:47
My orange Mizuno Wave Harriers are way faster than my white Asics...
08/04/2012 at 13:58
My off road shoes started off dark grey and blue with some fluorescent trimming.  They are now much the same but with a brown hue... The white ones end up with revolting brown bits due to my love of vaseline!
09/04/2012 at 18:04
Sprint for the line wrote (see)
I love my bright orange Brooks, my asymmetrical Brooks green and blue racing flats and my luminous yellow salomons. Personal preference I guess.

Crikey, someone else bought the green and blue Brooks I thought it was just me.
09/04/2012 at 18:31
Just got some Vivobarefoot Breatho Trail shoes - yellow and black - it's like wearing bumble bees on your feet - proper fashion statement.
12/04/2012 at 20:47
I had white trainers which ended up a bit grungy looking.  My Nike Livestrong Lunarhazes have a grey foot, black heel with green swoosh, green front sole and white heel sole with some yellow on the tongue and laces and they still look really good; well as good as they ever did.  Bought them when JJB had a 90% off sale because they were the comfiest the guy brought out - I asked for all the mega reduced stuff in my size to compare!  I generally have to take what I can find in trainers as I only wear a size 3 and many brands start at a 4.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.