Blue Steel

rather than Bodyglide etc...

4 messages
26/09/2005 at 14:18
I came across Blue Steel anti-chafe cream whilst in South Africa - I think it's only available in shops in the Southern Hemisphere. Remarkably though if you order from the manufacturers direct then it still competes on price per weight when compared with Bodyglide, Chafe-Ease, etc. (Particularly when they have a buy one get one free offer that I just missed!)

Although not as cheap as Vas this is a water washable product and has worked very well for sweaty old me right up to 50km races. It does contain lanolin which some people are allergic to, however.
cougie    pirate
26/09/2005 at 14:46
Is it wetsuit friendly ?

(Bit pointless really seeing as my bodyglide stick will probably last me a few years at my rate of swimming)
26/09/2005 at 16:07
I couldn't say I'm afraid. I'm guessing it's a tri friendly cream being Australian but couldn't say for sure. And since it doesn't affect me I have no idea what sort of ingredients could rot a wetsuit.
26/09/2005 at 16:46
Oh, I should have said that the website I linked to is of course Australian and so is talking in Aus Dollars (exchange rate is about 1£:A$2.30)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.