Books - running nutrition/diet

8 messages
27/06/2009 at 08:28

Hi,

I've signed up for my first ever Marathon (Brighton 2010) and know that I need to develop a healthier diet as a part of the training regime.

I've had a look online but cannot find any suitable books. Any recommendations would be gratefully received!

Cheers! 

XB
27/06/2009 at 11:54

Nancy Clarke's Sports Nutrtion book is excellent. I got mine off Amazon.

This is it

Edited: 27/06/2009 at 16:22
27/06/2009 at 19:20

Thanks, XB.

M...eldy    pirate
27/06/2009 at 19:22
or any of Anita Beans are good as well
27/06/2009 at 20:43
Yep and also this one .
28/06/2009 at 06:38

Thanks for the thread Anne I'd been wanting the same recommendations.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

28/06/2009 at 10:14

I second the Anita Bean suggestion.  This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Guide-Sports-Nutrition-Guides/dp/0713667419 is pretty good, it even has specific sections for female runners, vegetarians and children.

The latest edition does appear to have Tim Henman on the cover so let's hope the results don't make you run really well early on and get every one's hopes up only to fail within site of the finish line

28/06/2009 at 10:29

I didn't realise there was such a wide choice of nutrition books around. In order not to lose the details I've saved all the books mentioned above into my Amazon shopping basket. Must remember not to press confirm order until I've decide which one (or possibly 2) to buy....

They've actually brought out a new version of that AB book, Shiny, and it now longer has Henman (good - but never quite good enough) on the front.

Now Andy Murray looks like he could well be good enough! He's playing some awesome tennis at the moment.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.