Broken glass 310xt

8 messages
18/06/2012 at 22:00
Hi all, Unfortunately I have had a bike accident tonight which has resulted in the screen of my Garmin 310xt to break. I am absolutely gutted as I tried to protect this in the fall but it's the only thing to suffer any damage. Has anyone experienced this issue before and is there nominal fee to get it repaired? Thanks in advance,
19/06/2012 at 11:40
I have just spoken to Garmin about the shattered screen and they will replace for ??75.
19/06/2012 at 12:42

£75 to replace the screen or replacement watch? I chipped the glass on mine and was told by garmin they dont repair but just replace complete watch. Never got round to doing it but i think they quoted me £105?

19/06/2012 at 13:17

+1 for what Madlot said.

My 310 fell off the counter when I was showering and hit a tiled floor, with a resulting big crack down the face.  Garmin wanted over £100 to replace it with a reconditioned unit, and I decided to put a big piece of sellotape over the face so I can run with it in the rain.

I guess if I was a triathlete I might have bothered, but I don't swim with my Garmin on, so couldn't be bothered to spend the money.......

YP

Edited to add that my accident was about 18 months ago, so Garmin may have changed their policy or their prices since then.....

Edited: 19/06/2012 at 13:19
19/06/2012 at 13:57

You can get special screen protectors. I'm not saying you should have had them, but they may be useful if you decide to just carry on with it - may stop rain getting in.

19/06/2012 at 14:17

Thank you for all your comments. Garmin quoted me £75 to replace the watch as they said they don't offer repairs. Unfortunately the watch shattered from the corner which means you cannot see half the screen so a replacement is a must. I will definetely be looking at screen protectors so thanks for the heads up.

19/06/2012 at 14:54

£75 is good then. Its come down.

19/06/2012 at 15:06

£78.30 garmin are quoting now. not bad

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.