brooks Pure 2 range

Strange

6 messages
17/04/2013 at 14:43

I've been a fan of the Brooks Pure range, with 5 pairs of the Original cadence. However, something about the V2s that feels odd. I own a pair of grit 2s and have tried the Cadence 2 and this morning the Drift. They all feel like they're pushing my feet/ankle towards the medial side. It's as if the lateral side of the sole is higher.

Strange. Not 100% convinced with these latest models

DAM
17/04/2013 at 20:04
I'm pretty sure the sole on the pure cadence 2 is exactly the same as on the 1
18/04/2013 at 10:32

Theoretically the sole is the same. But I have the same sort of trouble with Flow 2 - rolling inside despite never being a pronator and running neutral in all other shoes inclusing more minimal than flows. I wonder if the changes in the upper - more stiff IMO) make the difference.

I didn't feel that with drifts though - just found them generally awkward. 

Very frustrating. 

18/04/2013 at 22:13
I've got the pure connects and I think the sole is different but the weird shape of the upper is doing strange things to me. They're OK, and indeed much better since I put elastic laces on them, but I've bought a pair of v1s for cheap for my next pair...
18/04/2013 at 22:14
Sole is the same, I mean.
18/04/2013 at 23:53
out of desperation am going to try elastic laces, but also considering getting a version 1 of flows. Frustrated about having wasted good money on trainers that have even little casual use, due to crazy colour :/

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.