Brooks Pure Cadence

21 to 30 of 30 messages
14/02/2013 at 14:22

Do you mean sore joint or hot-spot/blister?

14/02/2013 at 18:08
No more actually bruising the joint of my big toe closet to the foot, it is becoming painful now when I wear normal shoes...
14/02/2013 at 18:57

Interesting. I'm on my 3rd pair and until just recently they have been faultless. I've just started getting a small hot spot on the top of my big toe -right under where that excess material from the tongue is. It's too soft to cause a jjoint problem though

14/02/2013 at 19:52
Beware it may be the beginning of something .... I have just taken the insoles out and replaced them with the insoles out of my old Nike Free runners which are much thinner, hopefully it will give me enough room. I have noticed on the new Cadence 2's the tongue is integrated and all part of the same material so there isn't a big bit of material and stitching there. I was annoyed that my local running shop was completely disinterested, when I made a definite decision to buy the shoes from them and not online which would have saved me ??40, money not well spent!
14/02/2013 at 20:05

I have the Pure Grit 2s and also notice how little material is under tthat area now.

15/02/2013 at 21:47

How do you find grits in terms of trail performance? Love my flows and was thinking of a trail version but the sole just doesn't look like it could cope with a lot of mud.

15/02/2013 at 22:22

It won't cope with a lot of mud (not many do), but I guess it's not designed to. For that you'd have to go for extreme Innov8s. I would say it's best for dryer trails. but is also good on road, which if like me you have to run on roads for a mile or two to get off road, then it's agreat 'all-rounder'.

Edited: 15/02/2013 at 22:22
15/02/2013 at 22:29

Thanks. I think you're right about innov8s. I got a pair of orocs and they are great on mud - though a bit embarassing on pavement before I get there. 

Thing is, if grits are an all-rounder like that, what is their advantge over e.g. pure flows?

16/02/2013 at 18:37
That's a good question! I have flows and grits and to be fair there's probably not much difference grip wise!!! I use the grits for dry summer trails mainly! I've been using merrell mix masters for winter which are similar to the grits but slightly harder underfoot with much better grip!

I'm interested to see what the grip is like on the new grits!
22/02/2013 at 15:05
Just bought a pair of the pure grit 2's and what an amazing difference! The upper looks better designed and the sole is a huge improvement! Will have to see if they are more durable too

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.