Brooks pure grit

21 to 28 of 28 messages
18/05/2012 at 16:28

SSLHP: Have you tried the Up and Running stores in Leeds? I know some of their stores stock them. If not, then as they sell them on their website, I would of thought they could get them in if you ask them.

18/05/2012 at 16:33

Only the Belfast store stock them. I quickly tried some on at the recent VLM Expo, but they felt slightly different to my Pure cadence, which is why I want to try them on again when I have more time to make sure they feel right.

18/05/2012 at 17:55

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C_C1hQ6uQ1Q/TxstWXrBhHI/AAAAAAAABKQ/CraCK4bnie0/s400/IMG_3387.JPG

Came across these shoes not that long ago, whilst the shoe does look great the tread design looks very strange, think its been designed to catch the eye more than be really effective off-road.. 

18/05/2012 at 19:36

Yeah but I'd heard they have a deceptively good grip. Do you like them?

18/05/2012 at 21:24

No... 

20/05/2012 at 11:23
I saw pure grits at Sweatshop in Teddington, they say they stock them in many of their stores (not online though). 20% off this w/e
24/06/2012 at 18:09

After testing these in most conditions and completing a marathon in them I can confirm that they are really comfy, great in the dry, gave good grip on chalk which many shoes struggle with!!! Absolutely rubbish on wet grass, wet concrete and unlevel muddy tracks!!!!

24/06/2012 at 18:18

For info, my VivoBarefoot Neo Trail shoes (4 mm lugs on a 2mm sole) just took me round a VERY muddy North Downs Run (30K) over mud, grass, road, mud, chalk (with occasional flints), fields, cobbles and more mud (sticky mud, sloppy mud, watery mud - all sorts of mud!) just fine - including lots of downhill and lot of uphill sections. Also were fine for 25+ miles along the North Downs Way, Farnham to Dorkimg, last weekend, including tracks, sandy sections etc.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.