Carrying an iphone

7 messages
01/05/2012 at 22:38

I use the Runkeeper app so carry my iphone 3 when (attempting) to run.  

I've tried two different arm strap things but it feels too heavy and the velcro comes undone.  I feel like I am holding my arm in a funny position trying to hold it onto my arm.

I've tried putting it in my jacket pocket but I don't always want to wear the jacket and also it bashes about too much. 

Any ideas how to carry it?  Thanks!

cougie    pirate
01/05/2012 at 23:04
Get a gel belt - one that has a zipp able pocket on. They're about a fiver.
Put iPhone inside a plastic bag to keep sweat and rain off and away you go.
02/05/2012 at 07:04
Cougie rights I keep mine in a water carrying belt nip into Sports Direct (he runs she runs bit) you will find one in there
02/05/2012 at 08:50

Or if you want to see it, Up & Running do a waist belt that has a clear plastic pocket at the front - you can still use your iPhone touchscreen through it and it has a neoprene belt so it holds onto your waist better than normal belts. It's a bit more expensive though, at £20, maybe £22.

02/05/2012 at 16:53
Michelle - mine fits in the back pocket of my tights - just.  Handy if you don't need to look at it. As Cougie says put it in a freezer bag first as it gets a bit damp otherwise.
02/05/2012 at 21:38
wearing belts i always find, never stay where they feel comfortable

What fiona siad, sticking it in a freezer bag and sticking it in the back of your running tights is the best option....

I will deffo be sticking mine in a freezer bag this year, as when i had problems with my iPhone and had to take it back to apple, they argued and said i had dropped it in water as the white tab where u plug it in to charge was red, but it had change colour through to sweat lucky the lady was nice enough to change it for me.
06/05/2012 at 16:06
I carry mine in spibelt. It does stay where you want it e.g. on hips, but you need to take it out if you need to use it - a bit fiddly, but for me still better than an armband

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.