Channel Islands mobile data question

for a Garmin 620 paired with an iPhone on O2

3 messages
13/07/2014 at 16:48

I'm doing the Guernsey Marathon in August.

Battery life on my FR10 seems to be topping out at around 5 hours, but declining slowly all the time. As 5 hours is roughly where I am in terms of marathon time, I've upgraded to the FR620 (thanks to the Sportsshoes code posted elsewhere!).

Question on mobile data for Guernsey, as I like the idea of activating live tracking so my wife can keep an eye on my progress. I see that data is treated as Europe as far as O2 is concerned.

Question is, assuming I close every other application and have the bare minimum sending and receiving data, what sort of usage will I rack up during a 5 hour marathon where the tracking feature is active?

13/07/2014 at 19:55

Not that much test it at home... If you look on the iphone reset the data usage,  Then do a live track for 5 hours just wandering around home etc... then look again at data usage and it should say how much the app has used in the 5 hours.  Then you'll know... Do this of course with wireless turned off so it doesn't pick up any stray wifi.

14/07/2014 at 11:34

O2 do a data charge by the day, where you just pay £1.99 for a whole day of date irrespective of how much you use.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.