Cheap heart rate monitor?

5 messages
12/08/2011 at 22:13

Hi, has anyone found a really cheap heart rate monitor that actually works? Nothing fancy, I only need it to display current rate really. I've already got a Garmin 205 (I know, should have got the 305!) so don't want anything expensive - I've seen several on the internet for less than £20 but I'm a bit sceptical.

Thanks, Daren

13/08/2011 at 00:45
i thought you could get a heart rate strap that works with the 205?

13/08/2011 at 00:47
alternitivly i used to have a Polar FS2 (tesco's for £27) which was waterproof and accurate, the watch is good for swimming too.
14/08/2011 at 15:10
Lidl had some a few weeks back, might still have some left.

£12.99.

Bit clunky to use, but records current, min, max, ave heart rate. Time in, below & above zone.

I'm not really sold on hrm's but got one because it was cheaper than replacing the strap on my timex ironman! Stopwatch does 99 laps as well.

As I said, a bit awkward, but works fine. Only other problem is the screen scratches easily. Can't complain at all for the price!
14/08/2011 at 22:14
Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like I'm heading to Lidl tomorrow!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.