compression gear

9 messages
22/10/2009 at 13:13
I would like to know if more expensive compression wear ie skins, 2XU are any better than cheaper brands or do they all do the same thing.
22/10/2009 at 13:29

There's a thread "SKINS" below that deals with this question in part. I think it's all much of a muchness myself - just down to fit. Having said that, I'm wearing my skins now and they feel much compression than do my under armour ones, maybe it is just fit? 

13/11/2009 at 08:10
Wear skins and find they're great for my leg. i suffer alot of cramps and notice the differenc when i don't where them!
14/11/2009 at 09:45
I have 2XU's and love 'em.  TBH, I would say stick with either 2XU's, Skins or any other sort of 'running specific' compression gear.  For some reason I have it in my head that other, non-specific kit just doesn't work for runners, I don't know why, perhaps I'm totally wrong.
14/11/2009 at 11:58

I bought some Skins PowerSox a couple of weeks ago, and have a couple of questions.

I tried wearing them while running, but they kept falling down around my ankles. Should this happen? Should I wear them while running or are they just for post-run recovery? I was careful to follow the instructions about assessing the right size, both by measuring my calf and checking my BMI. Both put me pretty much bang in the middle of the Large size, but I'm wondering if they are tight enough. 

They feel comfortable but I've no idea if they are helping or not, and am not sure how I would go about assessing their effectiveness.

Can anyone enlighten me?

14/11/2009 at 12:05

You have to be very careful and check the size chart.

If you are normally a large, and you get a large in a compression tight, I've found thy come up in order 

Under Armour (least compression)

Skins

2XU

Linebreak (most compression)

I don't really rate Under Armour as compression at all. Just tight tights. 

Even if you go by the size charts, I've found Linebreak offer the best compression.

Just my opinion.

14/11/2009 at 16:22
I'm a size large in all my clothes but I have a pair of medium 2XU's.  If they're falling down RC, they have to be too big for you.
15/11/2009 at 15:15
I've got a pair of Linebreak cropped tights. Am doing a marathon in 2 weeks, now should I run in them or just use them to recover afterwards?? 
17/11/2009 at 18:47
OK CB, thanks. I'll still use them for post-run recovery. They feel snug enough around the house.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.