Compression leggings for thin legs

5 messages
09/08/2014 at 06:04

I like the restorative properties of a part of compression leggings - having tried many a time both with and without, I definitely feel fresher the next day. However, in some places, round my ankles especially, they're just like a loose veil over my skin. Seems chunkier people get more of the compression effect. I'm slim but I wouldn't say the very skinniest out there - there must be others who've experienced the same.

Is there a pair out there designed for the slimmer person? If I go for a size down, the pants would probably only reach the middle of my calves. The ones I have are short as it is! I'm a 32" long by the way. Thanks for any help

09/08/2014 at 11:08
Have you tried shorts and calf sheaths rather than full tights? They usually come in regular and long options.
I don't think your ankles, or any joint, benefit s from compression so it won't matter if they are a bit loose as long as they are tight around the muscles.
09/08/2014 at 11:22
Good idea. Sorry yeah I meant round the lower calf too not just the ankle - that's the bit of me that takes the biggest beating especially during speed work
10/08/2014 at 15:03

What size are you currently using ? - I'm a 32 Waist with 34 inside leg, and have pretty skinny legs - originally bought Large Skins (was an inch of so bigger on the waist at the time), but when I bought next pair the shop recommended a medium...still long enough but a bit more snug around calves and ankles. I've also recently got some Orca Killa tights in medium which are  pretty tight to get over the feet/ankes but once on are really snug and feel slightly more effective than the skins.

10/08/2014 at 15:50
So we're the same size. I'll have a look into those orca tights then, I've only ever had one pair - linebreak large. Thanks!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.