Compression tops for overweight runners

2 messages
15/09/2012 at 09:42

I was reading an article online by a guy who was overweight and started running and has ended up losing a ton of weight.  He suggested running with a compression top if you are overweight as it "keeps everything in place" 

Has anyone here who's overweight tried them and if so, how did you find them?

15/09/2012 at 11:51

When I first starting running again, still carrying a lot of extra weight, I wanted to wear loose, baggy clothes to cover up because I was ashamed of my size.

But the extra pounds are very "mobile" and it was so uncomfortable to have everything swinging and bouncing and wobbling...

So I started wearing lycra and it made a huge difference. Suddenly I felt supported and less wobbly, it was perfect.

I didn't go out looking for "compression" clothing, as when you are the size I was, pretty much all running wear is several sizes too small!

But I definitely recommend snug, supportive clothing for bigger runners, male or female. It's a lot more comfortable and not as revealing or embarrassing as you think.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.