concurve wicking T shirt

absolutely pants!!

7 messages
13/08/2002 at 13:46
Hi

Thought I'd have a rant about my new wicking t shirt which I wore for the second time today. It's absolutely crap: wicks away from the skin ok, but not from the T shirt - which I thought was the whole point. I just end up with a completely soaking T shirt.

So if you're looking at wicking T shirts, don't buy this one! My other wicking Ts are Nike dry fit - cotton, not this synthetic stuff - and are much better.
14/08/2002 at 13:19
Hi, I use coolmax t-shirt made by North Cape(north-cape.co.uk) they are great. Cost about £15 - £20 from any good walking shops.
14/08/2002 at 13:53
I found the Nike polyester/cotton t shirt behaves just like a normal t shirt! Sticks to your skin and stays there (until the time comes for you to take it off!)

The 100% dri fit t's do the trick, but my absolute fave (besides the URWFRC vest) is my Ron Hill Coolmax t does the business! Its soft so it doesn't carve up your nips and it transports sweat beautifully!
14/08/2002 at 15:18
Currently my favourite out of choice of dri-fit, view-from coolmax, club nylon thing(yuk), and sub-4 coolmax-equivalent tshirts is the Sub4.

After the first wash it was really soft and light, dries out very quickly so can be used for a brow wipe repeatedly as well. Gone a little bobbly and tatty unlike the others but it's definitely my favourite. Perhaps the Ron Hills the same weight and material so I'll give that a go.

For long sleeve tops, Patagonia make an excellent range with similar properties. You may have to go to a camping shop for one rather than a running shop though.
30/08/2002 at 11:21
I agree about the Ron Hill coolmax T-shirt. Cheap and very comfortable. Also lightweight Lowe Alpine T-shirts - available from outdoor/hiking shops - are very good, although more expensive than Ron Hill. Both dry extremely quickly after washing, too, so you can get back out there in a clean T as soon as possible!
30/08/2002 at 13:24
I bought an Adidas climalite vest style top in TKMaxx of all places - reduced from £20 to £8 (last year's colour I assume, but who cares?). It's very light, soft, and dries in seconds. I haven't worn anything else for weeks. (Running, that is - I don't wear it to work - yet)
01/09/2002 at 11:45
New Ron Hill 'Hilly' T shirts are great! Thin, very good at wicking away sweat and well made! However the one I have has panelling on the sides so the seams tend to feel a bit funny, but they're away from the nips so doesn't cause any... irritation!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.