Concurve

Waterproof Jacket

12 messages
28/10/2002 at 15:23
In this months Running Fitness, Start Fitness has a Concurve Extend Waterproof Jacket at £79.99 anyone had one, someone on another thread said that Concurve are o.k. I don't want to spend that much and then find out it's crap.
28/10/2002 at 17:08
Don't know how good they are but you will be lucky if you can get hold of one. I live in Brighton and can't seem to find a supplier anywhere. Concurve helpline number, no help either!!! Anybody know somewhere I don't?
28/10/2002 at 17:41
Concurve make fantastic gear. Worth trying before buying though as they tend to make things a little on the small side!

I have a Windstopper jacket and it keeps the wind out (Strange that) and is fairly shower resistant.

On the other hand I have just got a Nike storm fit jacket and its loooooovely!!!
29/10/2002 at 10:38
I'm sorry but I disagree with you Jon. on one point.

Concurve is wonderful gear, but they dont, IMHO make things 'on the small side'. All manufacturers these days in my opinion make things a bit on the 'massive side'. I'm not a particularyly small bloke, esp. amongst runners, yet I really struggle with some brands definitions of 'small'. 'Small' Ronhill T-shirts hang off me. 'Small' Mizuno kit is also rather baggy. Concurve small gear fits me nicely.

Its the old race t-shirt analogy. Runners as a population are smaller than your average Joe, yet manufacturers insist on creating clothes that will fit the average memeber of the 'great un-movings' perception of what small is (i.e. the upwards trend in the physical dimensions of a size 10 in the last 10 years), and race organizers insit in only buying in T-
shirts in Large.

Rant over. Hope I didnt ruffle any feathers...

p.s. Sweatshop Reading have just got a shedload of new Concurve gear in, give em a ring.

p.p.s If your looking for a nice windproof layer, see if you can get a look at the concurve Windbreaker N2S (Next 2 Skin) shirt. I just brought one and its fab! Its basicly a full zip, high neck wicking baselayer, with a windproof outer coating. Very versatile and very warm, yet not sticky.
29/10/2002 at 11:27
Well... I disagree with KorsaKing.... Etc...

I'm 38" chest and had to get an XL!
29/10/2002 at 13:44
You must be having a giraffe m8! I'm a 36-37" chest & I normally have to get small. I'da thought a medium would fit a 38" chest? Could be something to do with my 28" waist though, or perhaps my 5'7" stature.
With a range of opinions like this, needless to say your probably best going with Jons advice and try the darn stuff on first! :)
29/10/2002 at 13:47
we finally agree!!!

I have a 33" waist and am 6'2" tall!

the Jog Shop in Brighton also agree with me! So there!!! Anyhoo! Try the gear out in a shop, if you can get it cheaper Mail Order do that!
29/10/2002 at 17:09
Handbags at 40 paces, shall we get the lipstick out as well.

Boys, boys its only a jacket for goodness sake.

29/10/2002 at 17:12
ITS NOT JUST A JACKET!!!

ITS A WAY OF LIFE! ITS A STATUS SYMBOL! ITS A CONCURVE JACKETTTTTTTTTTT...
Ab
29/10/2002 at 20:42
I've just got myself a view from vortex and with my reflective tabbard over the top my son said I looked just like a dustbin man! There's encouragement for you..at least I was dry and visible tonight on my first after dark run. If it works, wear it!
30/10/2002 at 09:10
Jon you sound a bit stressed, go and have a lie down you'll feel better.
04/11/2002 at 11:31
I bought one of the Concurve jackets from Start Fitness @ £80 and have used it. It's light, well ventilated and keeps you bone dry (apart from the unavoidable sweat build-up). As far as I'm concerned its brill and at £80, a good bargain. I bought a Large, and it fits me a treat (42" chest).

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.