Cross country spikes - reccomendations?

3 messages
10/10/2012 at 16:56

Hi, after some advice/opinions ref cross country spikes. I run in ascis, have done for the last 7 years and during the past 2 seasons of cross country I've been wearing Innov 8 talon 190, which are good and useful for a variety of terran however after getting a proper pair of spikes. I'm leaning towards asics as I like the fit of the road shoes, cumulus, ds skyspeed and hyperspeed, but have heard alot about nike's xc spikes, any opinions/reviews? 

Cheers

10/10/2012 at 17:32

In my experience, although it was a few years ago, Nike and Asics' spikes were a similar fit, and made it onto my short list but both missed out to Brooks, which just felt like the best fit.  There's the rub though - the best pair are the ones that fit you, i.e. snug around the heel and mid-foot, but you'll find a lot of spikes are quite narrow, so the sole may not give you the right stability.  The ones I've mentioned were on the wider side and felt better for me.

11/10/2012 at 17:14

I didn't have great experiences with nike spikes - I found them very deep and wide, whereas I have quite narrow feet. I really rate adidas spikes, and use them for both track (venus) and cross country (xc2). I haven't used anything else for abouty 10 years. Heard good things about brooks and saucony spikes as well though.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.