Daniels Formula or Running Lore?

Which one should I get?

6 messages
31/07/2007 at 17:01
Hi everyone. I am about to get book on running but cant decide which one. Its between Running Lore which I have heard is very comprehensive but quite complex and also slightly biased. Or Daniels Running Formula which I havent heard a bad word against but don't think is quite as comprehensive. I already have Ron glover's Runners handbook but fancy something a bit different.Anyone got opinions?

Ian.
31/07/2007 at 17:24
I've got the Lore of Running (T Noakes), which I assume you mean?

Like kk, I've only dipped into it. I think that is the only way I can use it. It goes far to deeply into aspects of mitocondira (sp?) and other words I don't use alot.
But because if covers topics in far more detail than a 'normal' runner would need I have not noted any bias, possibly because I have only picked out the bits that interest me?

Colin
01/08/2007 at 10:14
I've bought the Lore of Running by T Noakes, its every comprehensive but also very complex as it is in some parts very science/biology based. It has a lot of good information in it however I don't know if its actually helped my running as I've not actually read it all only the parts that are essential to me.

I would recommend it but beware that not all the information in it will be applicable to the everyday recreational/club runner.

I managed to get my copy for £17 from Borders Bookshop - don't know if you can get it cheaper elsewhere.
01/08/2007 at 10:20
I got both for £25 from amazon.
01/08/2007 at 18:34
What did you think of them Lee?
03/08/2007 at 17:24
I am on chapter 3 or the Lore of Running, reading it at my desk at work and it is very interesting but a lot of it goes over my head. Well worth reading.

I am currently reading page 123: Energy Systems and Running Performance. Hope some of it rubs off.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.