"Deo" wipes

how effective are they?

10 messages
12/10/2004 at 12:19
Seeing as the nearby showers have just been closed off here at work for the next few months, I'm looking for alternatives to be able to get mid-day runs in during the week.

So far it's a case of either having to negotiate 2 hour lunch break and use the showers in another office about 15 mins up the road (albeit with no lockers), join a local gym to use theirs or... towel off the sweat in the gents and use these deo-wipe things.

Wotcha reckon and what do y'all do in these circumstances? I don't really want to join a small poxy gym just for their showers.
12/10/2004 at 12:31
If I cycle to work (slightly less sweat, I know), I shower at home and then use baby wipes to, ahem, 'tidy up' when I get to work.

I tried deo wipes - but I find them a bit too perfumed and a bit small (and pricey).

unfragranced baby wipes and a tin of ordinary deodorant, it's the way forward.
12/10/2004 at 12:36
Just go for a standard strip wash
12/10/2004 at 12:38
Take a large facecloth or half an old handtowel in with you. You can wet it in the sink in the gents and have a "sponge bath" type of wash, then towel down and deodorise as normal.
12/10/2004 at 14:40
Strip wash? is that what nessie is talking about?
12/10/2004 at 15:11
baby wipes is the way to go. Best things every invented. Always have a pack in the glove box, one in the sport bag and one in the house. Add just a can of ordinary antiper. and you're ready to go.
12/10/2004 at 15:12
Yes Chaos. I think strip wash is the way to go. Agree with Tallbird that deo wipes, etc are too small and perfumed.
12/10/2004 at 16:45
ta all, i'll give it a shot...

I expect doing post-run stretches outside in the winter does a good job of cooling you down enough to head back inside anyway!
14/10/2004 at 16:58
Shot in the dark, but check the disabled toilets. If you work in a relatively new building you might find there is an additional shower in there. There is where I work. You might have to negotiate a key off someone though.
14/10/2004 at 17:02
Or try and negotiate a reasonable price to use the local gym just for the showers.

I'd ask the manager, and promise to hand a few flyers out around the office to advertise the gym!! If you dont ask you dont get.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.