Dilemma: Are my new short running shorts wrong?!

Just bought a pair of 2 inch Nike dri-fit running shorts...

21 to 30 of 30 messages
01/02/2013 at 07:28
Based on the times you have given, you are quick enough to wear short shorts, but I think it needs a piccy to be sure.
01/02/2013 at 09:36

You should get a pair of my favourite "barely legal" running shorts from Viga and wear those round the house for a few days.  Your missus will be begging you to get the Nike ones back on.

http://www.viga.co.uk/images/products/big_mens_ultracool_pacer_shorts_orange.jpg

01/02/2013 at 11:25
timinho wrote (see)

So I researched the web and found what I thought would be some cool 'elite runner-eqsue' running shorts. Got them today, very excited, put them on to show the wife and...she's not impressed. Gutted.

Tim,

It's the opportunity to help with serious issues like this, that makes this forum worthwhile.  Personally, I find that a strategically placed pair of socks can help.  Try it, I'm sure that will make your shorts more appealing to her.

01/02/2013 at 13:33
Wear elastic laces. That way you don't have to bend over to tie your laces and give everyone an eyefull of your undercarriage.
01/02/2013 at 14:12

i own a few pairs of shorter running shorts, great for the spring and summer as i overhear easily. they're not exactly hotpants, so you're wife will just have to get over it.

she's probably worried you're going to be followed by a bunch of ladies in the park, benny hill style

01/02/2013 at 15:53

Speaking as a lady runner, I would not choose any shorts that would necessitate a bikini wax.

K80
01/02/2013 at 16:22

literatin wrote (see)

Speaking as a lady runner, I would not choose any shorts that would necessitate a bikini wax.

Me too! That's why I wear Capris

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 16:22
01/02/2013 at 20:11

Shorty-shorts make you run faster. Fact.

If you like 'em, then wear 'em.

03/02/2013 at 20:59

I wear those, and wore shorter even when I had teenage daughters.

07/02/2013 at 16:48

I've got a pair of those, although sadly not the pair in the rather fetching picture on the left!  I like them and you should wear what you want.  I'm sure that you'll learn to ignore the missus.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.