Do I need special shoes for off road?

But not proper xc - yet!

21 to 24 of 24 messages
07/03/2003 at 21:33
Wends, this is simply not on. You can't start a thread about shoes and then start talking about thongs; what sort of chance does that give me? Anyway if you girls want to talk about underwear without the lads lurking you need to embed it in a thread called "monthly misery" or something, keep up the blobby talk for a few pages and then you're safe to talk about whatever you want.
08/03/2003 at 07:36
DB, did I say no lads?
Anything on which you can offer expert advice is v welcome! Seems you are probably more of an expert on the thong subject than me...
14/03/2003 at 20:52
dear Wends

I've recently got a pair of New Balance Trail shoes and stuck a pair of Spenco insoles in them and it is a good combination, reasonable traction and rel cushioned if you do have to do some of the run on harder surfaces./

I do have a pair of Walshes but since buying these I rarely wear them despite running in the Peak Districit a fair bit.

Anyway I'll let you get back to baiting the boys with thong talk.

Roger
15/03/2003 at 08:47
Roger
Thank you for the advice - need to find the time to go to running shop to get this sorted. Now the evenings are lighter and I have an occasional running partner, I will feel a lot safer going off road.

The general message seems to be get some trail shoes - but as you point out the insoles would be useful because of the hard run to get to the offroad part in the first place! Although I am not very big, I have the feeling that I hit the ground fairly hard, so would worry about not having not much cushioning, with knee damage etc..

Anyway thanks
W

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.