Do you use IPods?

221 to 240 of 287 messages
09/08/2006 at 16:40
Thanks for that Nick.

Carbon or Ebony may well be the way forward as it'll blend in with the car dashboard when I've got it plugged in there!
12/08/2006 at 14:51
UK2004,

Any suggestions for a water/sweat resistant (So I can run in the rain) sports armband for the iPod Nano?

The extreme mac one looks ok but by "play through" design do you mean that it is completetly covered and you can see the screen & operate the controls/wheel through the see through covering (which I want)OR do you mean that the case has "cut outs" leaving the control wheel & screen uncovered? (which I dont want)?

Is the neoprene of the Marware or Tune belt options sufficiently water resistant to be used when raining? (With any of these what happens with the earphone wire/socket when it rains? Is that also protected?

Any RW forumite suggestions also welcome!

Mac

P.S Also need new earphones and think its between the Senheisser PMX70's and the Beyer Dynamic SX10's.

I don't like the idea of the wire exiting from one of the earpieces as this is asking to be "Yanked" out of my ear when sweat causes the wire to stick to my skin and snag! The SX10 have a special channel that enables the wire to be re-routed from the left earpiece, along the neckband to then exit from the back of the neck band, much better! This way any "Tugging" is going to be on the neckband rather than the earpiece thus making it less likely to yank the earpiece out or off.

Does anyone know if the PMX70's have a similar ability?

C'mon guys I need to spend money!!!!

Mac.

13/08/2006 at 20:42
Is there something going on this weekend that only I don't know about?

No replies? at all?!!!

Was it something I said?

UK2004? eh?
14/08/2006 at 01:34
Hi Mac,

I have been in Holland this weekend so could not reply I'm afraid, hopefully better late than never.

If you are going to run in serious sort of rain then I would recommend the H20 Audio waterproof case and pro armband, we will have these in stock this week, otherwise it would be Logitech Sports Headphones with a Elano or Tunebelt Open View for the Nano.

Any more questions just fire away, back on British soil for a good while now!
16/08/2006 at 08:19
Are the Tunebelt (don't know about the Elano) water resistant? I don't think I need the overkill of the H20 as I have no intention of getting them submerged. As long as they are resistant to average rain and the top where you insert the ipod is not open to the elements, I would be happy.

The xtreme mac nano armband seems pretty good?

Basically I want the ipod fully enclosed and not left open at the top. I also want it to be water resistant (not neccessarily water "proof") and it would be real nice if sweat from a hard run did not find its way through the fabric onto the bad of the player (as currently happens with my "tunebelt" (open top,generic type- not ipod specific)

Basically is this "orca skin" neoprene material water "resistant" enough for average rain etc?

Isn't there a Marware "Sports suit"? is that any good?

Mac
17/08/2006 at 16:02
Afternoon Mac,

Of the Tunebelt Open Nano and the XtremeMac Sportwrap for iPod Nano the more substantial in terms of material is the Tunebelt, the material is thicker so for water resistant I would go with better. Niether are waterproof and I can't give any kind fo accurate detail as toh ow water resistant I would call either.

The Marware Sportsuit Convertible is the daddy of armbands, it basically has two cases plus an armband, the shell case that fits over the first sleeve boxes off your Nano pretty well so without going the full hog for a waterpoof H20 the Sportsuit Convertible is the next best thing.

Nick
18/08/2006 at 08:05
Cheers Nick,

Now lets see how much this "Daddy" costs!!!
18/08/2006 at 18:41
You are lucky, until 12am tonight it is on offer as our deal of the day just £18.99!

Just found out one of my favourite products is coming to the 5G iPod too, Matias are bringing out a new Armour similar the the Nano one but for 5G iPod, can't wait to get my hands on those.

Waterproof cases are also available from Monday morning including upgraded armband and waterproof headphones.
21/08/2006 at 18:57
After several months fo frustrating waiting we finally have our waterproof range in stock, they are as good as was expected, really happy to have our hands on them!

Can be seen at:

http://www.mp3additions.co.uk/site/department.cfm?id=F7BADBD0-B04F-F672-878CF1D686A21043&killnav=1
24/08/2006 at 15:24
Think I forgot to add that those cute little Nano Stands from Marware are in stock as well as iHomes and JBL On Times, all hotly anticipated products.

www.mp3additions.co.uk
28/08/2006 at 11:42
Hi Nick, ordered the Logitech earphones you recommended today, found that the RW1 discount code had expired. Have you decided to discontinue our discount?
29/08/2006 at 15:50
Thanks Nick for the quick response by email - great service.
29/08/2006 at 16:02
Hi,

It only gave me the email notice that there was a reply just now, lucky I spotted it when the order came through, my apologies, discount code is back up and running will process your refund as soon as I have dispatched everything and get a minute, great choice of headphone!
29/08/2006 at 17:24
Nick I wasn't being sarcastic, I genuinely appreciate you contacting me so quickly!

Am looking forward to playing with my new headphones.
29/08/2006 at 17:46
Didn't think you were, sorry if my message came across sarcastic, I was meaning that the forum has gone slow with letting me know there are replies so was lucky I noticed on the order. You are one of my nicest customers, the sort that make up for the nasty impolite ones, definetly don't take you as sarcastic.
29/08/2006 at 17:56
Glad that's sorted! :-)
30/08/2006 at 18:54
Did the headphones arrive ok, what you think of them?
31/08/2006 at 09:03
Got them yesterday and went straight out for a run with them! Terrific sound quality (much better than the ones that come with the ipod), and coped with torrents of sweat no problem.

It'll take a little getting used to the feel of them, especially the way they move slightly if you raise/lower your head, but they are comfortable and it's lovely not to have to keep adjusting them when I run. Thanks for the recommendation Nick, I'm very pleased with them.
01/09/2006 at 16:22
Hi Shona,

Really pleased you are happy with them, thought you would like them, I think the sweat proof feature is so good, I sweat buckets when excercising so comes n useful, I know what you mean about movng head up and down with wire behind once you get used to them won't notice it they have a lovely fit on the ears too, I'm reall ypleased your happy with them!

Have a good weekend.

Nick
05/09/2006 at 15:23
Is anyone after a Griffin Powerjolt at a great price! I have one that was returned with packaging open as person wanted something with a mini usb cable, the charger works fine, normally would cost £15.48 including shippnig will sell it for £10 including shipping, just email us at sales@mp3additions.co.uk or ring direct line to me on 0208 203 8628

Description of product can be seen at:

http://www.mp3additions.co.uk/site/product.cfm?id=3860D11E-B1FE-411D-212969EAC86AC55E
221 to 240 of 287 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.