Does anybody here own a treadmill?

looking for recomendations?...

4 messages
05/09/2002 at 10:47
I'm looking into treadmills, as I was hoping to do some of my long marathon paced runs on one, and my gym nly lets you use them for 20 minutes at a time. Which sucks. Obviously. Does anybody here own a treadmill? I'm looking for recomendations?...

P.S. I know if your a subscriber, you can look at review in the RW+ section, but as I've noticed RW is getting a disturbing trend of 'recyling' their articles, I've decided the wisest decision for me would be not to subscribe. (look at this months 'speed-works' article. ITs nearly identical to a speedwork article published last year, nearly word-for-word!!!)
05/09/2002 at 14:00
KorsaKing, I'm sure you have a very good reason for wanting to run on a treadmill but running on one for more than 30-45mins is horribly boring!!!! I find them fine for speedwork but even then you can't beat running outside!
05/09/2002 at 14:21
I'm inclined to agree (get it, horrific pun entirely intended), but its not just a personal desire. Its a family purchase, as me ol' dear wants to get into shape, but is too embaressed to go out onto the roads at present, even though I've agreed to accompany her. A treadmill would allow her to get into shape first, & the added bonus would be, long runs at an even controlled pace i.e. marathon paced specific training. The horrible boringness of it may even be a bonus (???) for the mental stamina it would provide (according to Ingrid Christianson, or however ya' spell it...)
05/09/2002 at 14:30
Pun enjoyed!!! Ahhh now I understand, I felt exactly the same as your ol'dear when I started hence my experience with boring treadmill running. During that time I considered buying one but back then, 4 years ago, they were mega expensive if you wanted one that went over 10kph. Things have changed now and they can be pretty reasonable I would suggest, as well as waiting for the advise of other forumites that have purchased one, finding a big sports shop that'll let you go in and test a few to compare because I do remember some of them feeling very strange underfoot and definitely not like the mega expensive ones that you find in the gym!!! Good Luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.