Does losing weight affect your shoes?

4 messages
02/02/2003 at 19:09
I have some Saucony stability shoes - they are great, but showing signs of creasing. When I started running I was 4 stone heavier than I am now, so I was wondering if I should get a different type of shoe.

Any advice? The chap in sweatshop recommended stability, but didn't really look at anything other than the old shoes.

Thanks
WildWill    pirate
03/02/2003 at 01:18
Find a shop that will give you an assesment - also look at the size - it is posible to drop a size when you loose a lot of weight as you will of lost fat off your feet as well as the rest of your body
03/02/2003 at 11:21
I've lost 3 stone and have dropped 1/2 to 1 shoe size depending on individual shoe!
03/02/2003 at 13:08
I agree with WildWill - or go to a shop where you can try different shoes out before buying. When I started running and was fairly heavy I used stability shoes, but have since switched to cushioned models, and feel much more comfortable in them.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.