Don't buy from On the Run

I was robbed!

11 messages
Ian
31/03/2008 at 12:25

Nearly a month ago I ordered some shoes from On the Run on the web. Still waiting. No one answers the phone and there are no replies to my e-mails. The web site says they were dispached on the 17th but still no sign. Avoid this site like the plague. I am contacting my credit card to see whether I can have the money refunded from them.

31/03/2008 at 12:45

folks been saying "avoid on the run" for the last few years!

"start fitness" - excellent service!

31/03/2008 at 17:44

There can't be many things more certain on this forum than that there will be another "avoid On the Run" thread along soon.

I buy most of my stuff from eBay, along with SportsWorld for trainers. My only recent purchase from an online retailer was from Start Fitness...excellent!

EdB
31/03/2008 at 18:15

I recently had to reclaim money from my credit card co. for an order from On The Run which never arrived.  It was a bit of a pain as I had to fill in some forms, write a letter explaining what had happened and supply copies of all the e-mails to show I'd tried to resolve it directly with them (they never replied to any of my e-mails) but after about a month I now have the money credited back to my card.

Interestingly I went to the On The Run store in St Albans on Saturday afternoon and the shutters were down.  I wonder if they're going out of business?

EdB
31/03/2008 at 19:21
Oh dear. Not another dis-satisfied customer.
31/03/2008 at 20:17

Why are they still getting away with this?

I placed an order with Start Fitness, just awaiting delivery - only running one I use online.

01/04/2008 at 21:28

Yeh I had problems with On The Run, wouldnt never ever ever buy from them again.

Startfitness, do running and sweatshop are my favs for online.

02/04/2008 at 13:13
I bought from them on their ebay site without any problems.
Ian
09/04/2008 at 11:21

I ordered shoes from Start Fitness a few days after my first post and they turned up within a week. Cheap too!

09/04/2008 at 11:35
I waited for months for things I ordered from them, and they weren't very good when they did arrive!  They also never reply to emails.
09/04/2008 at 20:38
Yep I had problems with them too over some trainers, complete gash is all I can say. What I would like to know is how they are still in business????

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.