Favourite headphones for running with?

21 to 31 of 31 messages
12/07/2009 at 15:47

I've got to add to the all-round enthusiasm for the Sennheiser PMX70.

I should also add that they have another benefit over the in-ear canal ones, which I use when normally on the go. With the Sennheiser's sound is ok (but inevitably you are missing out on some deep bass) - BUT you can actually hear what's going on around you in traffic. Noise cancelling sounds like a bad idea to me if you run in a busy city - and if like me you already run with a unhealthy disregard for life and safety, like jumping traffic-lights where you can. You *want* to hear that white van coming speeding towards you So, thumbs up for the PMX70's decent sound and comfort and inbuild safety feature.

12/07/2009 at 22:06
PMX70 or OMX 70 (just different colours?) are really good.
20/06/2011 at 13:43
For me, it is important that the headphones stay in at all times, so I've moved away from the in-ear earphones and onto earhook and neckband headphones.

Sennheiser MX 80 are great headphones at £15, the Sennheiser/Adidas colloboration are decent, yet I have issues with the £50 price tag. Not a lot of difference in what they do, so the MX 80 are by far the best to go for for cost. I've ebayed recently and came across Urbanz Hooky's running headphones, which if you type 'running headphones' into eBay, I found them at £6.99. I thought they'd be the tacky sort you get from China, yet they are legit! Fit well, and snug in-ear fit. Great for £7!

Edited: 20/06/2011 at 13:44
05/07/2011 at 22:01

Wow... £6.99 for running headphones.  Bargain.

I just upgraded to some SoundMAGIC E30's (the replacement for the PL30). Very nice fit, truly incredible sound.  Best of all they stay really secure, with with over ear cabling.

Edited: 05/07/2011 at 22:06
03/07/2012 at 13:10

Can't really find a decent pair of headphones for running looked http://www.headsetonline.co.uk/sports_headsets_headset_online.html, but i'm not sure which one to choose! anyone help?

Edited: 03/07/2012 at 13:12
04/07/2012 at 09:45

the Sennheiser 680 range are specifically designed for sports, the cable is anti tangle and stronger kevlar, they come in various types from buds to round the neck versions, the in ear ones have little rubber fins that tuck into your ear so they never move when running, i like those the best, 

i prefer the MX680 over the CX680 because, whilst the CX has the better sound due to its in ear design (the MX sit in the ear like iphone/pod headphones, as opposed to the CX that go into the ear hole with the soft rubber cups) they are too noise canceling, and even down low you cant hear traffic, i generally only put my music on once i'm on the trails but rather than have them bounce around i leave them in whilst i run there on the roads with music paused, you can still hear the traffic well with the MX and PX 680 design

12/07/2012 at 19:02

anyone try Yurbuds yet? http://www.headphonehub.co.uk/product-category/brands/yurbuds-brands/

I saw them in a mag the other day, apparently they 'never' fall out. 

12/07/2012 at 19:44

Yep find Yurbuds by far the best.  I had all sorts and none really lasted.  Furthermore I was not enamoured with the sound quality, nor, after 30-45mns, their fit when I started sweating.

Yurbuds have for me been the ones I have settled on and will replace like for like as and when they will break down.

Now if one could only find these in BT format without the wires I would be even happier.

Edited: 12/07/2012 at 19:45
14/07/2012 at 21:39

I'm with James Siggers. soundMAGIC PL30's (now E30's)

Great sound, never come loose.

02/08/2012 at 22:04

I purchased one of these sony players, no annoying wire, and surprisingly well fitting and easy to control. When running down a steep hill they can pop out a bit but other than that I'm very happy with it...     

http://www.fatmanunleashed.com/w-series-walkman-mp3-player-review/

Edited: 02/08/2012 at 22:06
03/08/2012 at 13:04

I use my trusty Sony MDR 150s. They cost me £12, the sound is awesome and they're very comfy (Even if they do give you sweaty ears).

I've never been a fan of the in-ear style of earphones, I've never found them comfortable.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.