Fitness gear for fatties.........

5 messages
08/03/2007 at 20:21
Mrs Murff here,
I have bravely just signed up for a 5K run in June for Race for Life. However, although I am a fattie, I want to be a fittie, but not in my old trackie, which is all saggie.
All the nice gear only goes up to a ladies 14 or 16, and I just need more material than that fans!!
Anyone know of any real nice girlie stuff but for the much more voluptuous??????
I am in desperate need of something pink and sparkly to run in. ( and I am doing quite well, for someone who had never run before. ) Although I will never be Paula Radcliffe, I'm sure we were seperated from birth ( NOT)
In any case, someone once told me that, if you wear the right gear, you will feel more motivated!!
So come on people, get your noodles into gear!!!!!!

Thanks muchly,
Mrs Murff
xxx
08/03/2007 at 21:01
mrs m
have a look in M&S they have a nice generous sports range and do some very reasonably priced sports bras.
Depends on whether you are very bothered about which label it has on it - I would start there and see if any of it takes your fancy.
I'm so sick of any sportsware designed for people without hips - no matter how much weight I lose I can't change the size of my bones !!!
Good luck in the R4L - I've always really enjoyed them, emotional but very well worth it !

Have fun
rach
08/03/2007 at 22:07
My ex used to shop in Evans, and they had a good range of sportswear. Called Activ8 I think.
09/03/2007 at 11:08
Evans is a good suggestion - when I was larger I used to get stuff there.

If you're determined to wear pink and sparkly (??), then you could wear a t-shirt over a supportive top, or use fabric paint and glitter to customise a plain one.
09/03/2007 at 12:55
Some excellent ideas there, thanks very much. I'm not bothered about labels, just so long as it looks good, washes well and lasts.

Thanks guys!
Mrs Murff
xx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.