Flat footed bloke asks.....

..are racing trainers worth buying?

5 messages
26/03/2010 at 20:24

I have worn (out) several pairs of Mizuno Wave Inspire. I get on well with them but am wondering if I should invest in a pair of 'racing' shoes for an upcoming 10k and half marathon this spring/summer?

Do racers have the same features as what I am used to, or is it that they're simply lightweight and that's it? In short I'm worried I'll be hobbling the next day after wearing racers!

Thanks in advance.

26/03/2010 at 20:31
No i didn't
26/03/2010 at 20:36
Flat Footed wrote (see)
No i didn't

Top corner a quality arf!

Edited: 26/03/2010 at 20:37
26/03/2010 at 20:40

IMO i would not bother with racing shoes.....For the probable few seconds they would save me i couldn't justify the cost....But if your a good runner then there would be a reason

26/03/2010 at 21:38
Flats will make a significant difference in time over 10km. If you have poor biomechanics then your legs might feel pretty beaten up after running in them. A good trade off are light weight performance trainers, which offer less weight than your regular trainers but more support than a flat.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.