Foam rollers

Any reccomendations

21 to 28 of 28 messages
23/10/2012 at 17:32
Thanks for the replies, plenty of options out there. Sounds like the extra cost is justified if they last much longer and I'm reading nothing but good reviews on the grid roller.
24/10/2012 at 12:08

Are these as good as people make out? I have a niggling calf injury, it's not serious and streching and self massage always alleviates it but it always returns. Am I right in thinking that this is the sort of niggle that these rollers are aimed at?

24/10/2012 at 15:20
Yes, it is the sort of niggle you can use them for. And yes, they ARE really as good as they're made out. Painful initially but definitely very effective. Buy one. Now!
24/10/2012 at 16:45
runs-with-dogs wrote (see)
Yes, it is the sort of niggle you can use them for. And yes, they ARE really as good as they're made out. Painful initially but definitely very effective. Buy one. Now!

Cheers, g/f is picking me up one on her way home tonight

24/10/2012 at 19:08
You'll be yelping, groaning and wincing in no time!
02/12/2012 at 21:30

They hurt a bit especially if you've got your full weight on them but it feels like you've had a good massage afterwards.  I guess thats the whole idea 

02/12/2012 at 21:48

Another consideration for those who travel a lot is that the hollow ones can be packed full of socks etc and then they take up little room in a suitcase. I had a foam one but have also bought a grid for that reason. I can't say the grid pattern feels any different though.

04/12/2012 at 20:02

The foam roller is not a magic silver bullet to solve your problem, however it helps, and also you can perform a lot of strengthening moves on it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.