Forefront cushioning HELP

16 messages
17/03/2006 at 20:48
I am in the swings of marathon training and have had pain in one foot. Just been to podiatrist and it seems that the arch on the ball of my foot is wrong - don't know the technical speak for it, just need to get the right running shoes.

To cut a long story short I need a ladies neutral shoe with forefront cushioning. Can anyone help? I need a new shoe and fast!!

HELP ME PLEASE.
19/03/2006 at 13:20
Asics Gel Cumulus maybe?

Best thing is to get yourself down a decent running shop and ask for their advice and try on a variety of shoes.
19/03/2006 at 18:47
Loads of front end cushioning in my new NB1060's. Very neautral as well. V comfy after 15 miles this morning.
24/06/2009 at 15:52

I am a neutral forefront runner and have only just found this out after going for my feet/running assessing.

It was the best thing I have done - My friend laughs at my running because I run on my toes and I have now found out that there are other people who run just like me   I am not so weird as I thought!!!

It doesnt say where you are from but I went to Humber runner in Hull and my new trainers cost me £100.00 - bit expensive but they are the new range of trainer for a neutral forefront runner.  If you want I can find out the exact name as I am  sure you will be able to get them cheaper from somewhere else.

also remember that there should be enough room at the front of your trainer to allow for movement.  I am a size 6 and ended up with a size 7 trainer but much better - and no more shin splints or dead toes either!!!

cougie    pirate
24/06/2009 at 16:05
Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop. Go to a proper running shop.
25/06/2009 at 14:52

3 year old thread. 3 year old thread. 3 year old thread. 3 year old thread. 3 year old thread. 3 year old thread. 3 year old thread. 3 year old thread. 3 year old thread

etc etc etc

29/06/2009 at 11:01
calm down dear....
29/06/2009 at 20:32
Tara - for mysake can you let me know what your new trainers are?
30/06/2009 at 09:37

Hello Bikermouse - of course.... here is a link to some but they are

Asics Gel Evolution 5 - White Lightning and Frost Blue

http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/p-2445-asics-gel-evolution-5-white-lightning-and-frost-blue.aspx 

01/07/2009 at 22:05
Neutral forefoot runner - and you bought, with advice, Asics Gel Evolution 5?
Am I missing something here?
02/07/2009 at 09:26

who knows - its what they sold me !!!  its the first time I have ever bought trainers from a running shop, as I am new to all this!!!

it might not be these exact ones - they just look like them.... can find out though and confirm.

why whats wrong ?

02/07/2009 at 10:01
Asics Gel Evolution 5. This is from Asics' own website which fitness footwear have used on their site.

A striking colourway in this the signature shoe of the maximum support category. The fifth version of the GEL-EVOLUTION is packed with features to support those with severe over pronation whilst remaining surprisingly light and flexible.

Suitability wise it's the exact opposite of what you've described.
02/07/2009 at 10:52

i will check when i get home tonight

I bet I have just looked at the wrong ones on the website 

02/07/2009 at 11:10
What about these?

www.asics.co.uk/running/products/gel-nimbus-women
02/07/2009 at 16:34

G Diddy - they are the ones

you are good... thank you for finding them   does this mean i have the right trainers now?

02/07/2009 at 17:38
It looks like it.
I just wouldn't want another forefoot striker to read the earlier posts and buy some Asics Evolution.
As Cougie says 'Go to a proper running shop' and you did.
Good luck with your running. You'll be fine i'm sure.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
16 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.