Forerunner 405

hmmm...

81 to 87 of 87 messages
18/01/2010 at 18:56
For a session like the one tomorrow, my advice would be to press Start and every time you end an effort or a recovery, press Lap/reset.

Providing you don't have an unscheduled pause you'll end up with a good record of your session.

If you do have such a pause, delete that lap after you've downloaded the session to your computer.

That would be my advice at least but I'm sure others will have alternative suggestions.
18/01/2010 at 20:55
Brilliant, thanks.
18/01/2010 at 21:35
Oh - and press Start/stop at the end of your final recovery then press and hold Lap/reset for the three secs you'll see counting down on the watch.

That saves it into the memory.
19/01/2010 at 13:15
Thanks again.
19/01/2010 at 18:48
Seriously considering one of these, done as much research as possible but would appreciate some friendly advice before I take the plunge.
1) Is the 405CX exactly the same as the 405 except with heart rate monitoring?
2) I've heard that the GPS signal isn't that reliable in forrested areas, is this the case?
3) Is it likely that the 405 will be updated in the near future as it's been out since 2008?
Thanks in advance
20/01/2010 at 08:17
Spartacles, thanks for the advise, we did a slighly different session than normal last night after 5 weeks off with weather issues, 2 mins fast, 2 mins slow etc and has recorded all the data perfectly. Except in the case of user error when my brain was shot from being so knackered I forgot to start and stop my laps, but still recorded the splits. Love the oval red line showing the laps! Yep, I'm a Garmin saddo.
20/01/2010 at 13:55
i cant decide whether to buy the 05 or the 405CX. any opinions?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 87 of 87 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.