FR610 tracking skiing/snowboarding

how much snow can it take??

5 messages
15/02/2013 at 22:34

Has anyone had any experience in using FR610 to track snow activities? I hear you should switch sport to cycle, bound to be better than fiddling with an iphone app (which I alway forget to stop when ettog on the lift) but I wonder, with its shaky waterproof status, how much snow it can take...

16/02/2013 at 09:41

Shaky waterproof status?  First I've heard!  Anyway, I've not used the 610 skiing but I did use the 305 (on cycling mode) without any problems.  Not sure what sort of activities you're planning, but it stayed a lot drier under the sleeve of my skiing jacket than it would do running in the rain.  Should be fine, I would've thought.

17/02/2013 at 16:15

The Forerunner 610's waterproof rating is IPX7 - which is waterproof to 1 metre for up to 30 minutes.  http://hrm-reviews.com/is-your-heart-rate-monitor-waterproof/ Don't know why its such a low level when even a lot of cheap ones are waterproof to 50 metres.

However it should still be fine for skiing and as Phil says its probably under your sleeve anyway. 

17/02/2013 at 19:49
Cheers guys
28/02/2013 at 08:35

you were right, it coped very well.

I did much worse not remembering to pause after the ride 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.