Garmin 10 run/walk feature, can it be used for intervals not walking please?

3 messages
13/10/2013 at 16:29

Hi

I am new to running but can now manage 5km.  I only have one pace but believe it would help me to add a little simple interval training into my run to help with this. 

The basic Garmin 10 has a run walk feature that allows a time up to 10 minutes to be input so as a beginner you can run then walk then run again etc.

I am wondering if this feature could be used for a steady pace then a quicker pace instead of actually walking Or whether as it is a GPS it will not work as it knows your running all the time.

Does anyone own a Garmin 10 that can tell me if I could do simple intervals such as 5 mins steady pace then 1 minute faster then back to the 5 steady.

Thank you in advance. 

Rafiki    pirate
13/10/2013 at 16:48

Hi Lisa - I don't have a Garmin 10 (I have a 910) but I don't see why you couldn't use it to do intervals - I assume this feature uses time and not the GPA signal.

One bit of advice, I would make your faster bit the longer of the two - so run fast(ish) for maybe 4 minutes, then walk/jog for 1 minute.

Good luck

13/10/2013 at 22:22

Thanks yes that makes sense going a bit slower for the shorter time, just gives you that sense of a breather. Thank you.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.